The Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce supports and promotes the Mary Valley business community. The Mary Valley Chamber is keen to foster and develop young entrepreneurs who will be the business people and leaders of tomorrow.
The Young Entrepreneurs Programme has been set up to support young people who are wanting to commence in small scale production or services to step up their business activities and participate in our local markets. The benefits of participating in the programme are;
- Chamber funding of market stallholder’s insurance for the young entrepreneur (up to the value of $200).
- 8-week loan of a Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce marquee (subject to availability).
- Feedback from members of the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce (who are experienced business people) to guide your business idea.
- The applicant who must be running the enterprise must be aged under 18 years at the time of application.
- The product or service must be suitable for sale through markets.
- The applicant must live in the Mary Valley (Conondale to Dagun).
- The applicant will complete the form below to express interest in the programme, including contact details and a short paragraph describing your business idea.
- The applicant will be invited to present their idea to the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Management Committee at their next Management Committee meeting. This will be limited to a 5 minute presentation, with an additional 5 minutes allowed for supportive feedback and questions from the members. The applicant is welcome to bring a support person (e.g., parent) to support them with the presentation. The application will be considered by the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce. The applicant will be notified after the Management Committee meeting of whether they have been accepted into the programme. The decision is at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- Successful applicants will be required to do a short presentation (5 minutes presentation + 5 minutes for feedback and questions) to the broader Chamber membership at the next General Meeting of the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce. This is intended to promote the applicant and allow them to receive guidance on their enterprise.